Plimmerton Domain interpretive trail
A series of panels will be designed and produced to encourage locals and visitors to look more closely at the environment in the domain. These will include:
- Tree and shrub identification
- Birds, insects, lizards and stream life to look out for
- Geology of the area and what can be observed
- Industry past including flax harvesting and brickmaking
- Sports clubs past including rugby and pony clubs
- FOTSC replanting project
- Flax use past and today
The panels will be unobtrusive and simple. Further will be available on the Plimmerton Community website about each subject.
Local natural history photographer Sandy Werner is generously sharing her images of local wildlife with us for this project.
We hope also to work with local schools to produce web content.